Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Banned From Target!

No just kidding we aren't banned from target but let me tell you our experience on Sunday. Eric dropped me and Jaiden off at Target on Sunday to get some Christmas shopping done while he went and got his hair cut. We walked in and the security thing beeped at us. I didn't think anything because we were walking in and a lot of those things never work right and go off all the time. So we do our shopping, pay, and wait around for a few minutes for Eric to get back to pick us up. We start to walk out and the thing beeps. So the "rent a cop" came up to us to check our bags to make sure we didn't steal anything and asks for our receipt. He was looking at everything and says "huh, wonder what made that go off. You didn't buy anything that would make it go off". He says "go ahead and go" and Jaiden was a little ahead of me and when she walked through with nothing in her hand, the thing beeped again. I stopped and said "Jaiden get back here". I was thinking to myself OMG she knows better than to put anything in her pocket without paying for it first. The security guy (who had to have only been pushing 20) kind of looked at me like he didn't really know what to do. I looked in Jaiden's pocket, and nothing. Then he caught this tag in her coat that apparently had set it off.
So here is the story of her coat. I bought her a coat last winter on clearance at old navy for this winter. I has been hanging in the closet since and when it got cold a couple of months ago I pulled it out and she has worn it everyday since. There is a tag in the coat that says remove before washing. I am the kind of person that waits until I wash it to remove it. I never think about it actually get the scissors out to cut it off when we are leaving or when we get home. Apparently those tags are the security feature that they deactivate when you buy it. Little did I know they reactivate their self after so long. So this is why we were "beeped" at Target.

No comments: