Sunday, November 23, 2008

So Long..... Farwell

This is Diamond and Missy our Dobie's. Diamond is 3 and Missy is 1 and a half. Again, for those of you who don't know I am not a real animal lover. I don't hate them but I hate the hair, muddy footprints, slobber, and I could go on but I won't. Anyway, we just do not have time for inside dogs. They are in their crates probably all but 2 hours a day and we realized that is no way for a dog to live so we gave them up for adoption yesterday. We took them to a Doberman rescue home. Eric was kind of attached to Diamond and didn't really want to get rid of him but then he realized that he would be better off too. When we met the "foster parent" she literally buckled them both in seat belts in her back seat. Then we went on to talk about things and "signed our rights away" and she said she lives in a huge 2 story house on four acres that are fenced in and they can run and play with other Dobie's. And they have their own bedroom in her house. Wow!They are way better off than here :) Anyway we received and email from her today that they are adjusting well. I think that made Eric feel a little better about the whole deal.

By the way, this picture above is the only time ever that they had laid down and weren't wrestling around. Let's just say that they were hyper dogs. And that is one more thing I have not missed.

No comments: