Friday, October 24, 2008

OUCH!

Well I do not recommend this surgery to anyone! It was all fine and dandy until the numbness wore off about 8 last night. It was not a good night. I had to break down and take my pain meds. I have never taken pain meds before. They really are not affecting me at all. It seems like they are wearing off before it is time to take my next dose and then when I can take the next dose it takes an hour or so to kick in. I am not having fun at all. Although I do have a beautiful planter that my mom sent me and a bunch of balloons with a bunch of candy bars from Eric's team at work. Don't worry I will be posting pictures of both of these when I can get Eric to take a picture for me.

The surgery went well. It took about an hour in the OR and then about an hour in recovery. The doctor said that everything went back together perfectly. He was worried that the tendon would be stretched too far and have to put a piece of cadaver in my foot but luckily, it all went good and no cadaver in my foot :)

No comments: